Global Friends Online

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photobucket question  (Read 523 times)

mcf

• Global Family
Photobucket question
« on: September 04, 2021, 10:34:01 PM »
Hi,

Quite sometime ago I recall a discussion where people here were saying their avatars, images, etc from Photobucket were being replaced here and elsewhere with a generic image message. I think some said they could not even access their photobucket.

Around that time I logged into my photobucket account and my images were still visable there.

The other day I got a message saying I hadn't logged in lately and to do so, so as not to lose my account I guess.

When I did this I got a message saying I was violating their terms of service by hosting some images on a website.  They told me to reactivate a "new" email. So I did this and logged in. My images were still there but it seems I'm on a thirty day trial for free, otherwise I would have to pay.

Since most of my images there were banners from ptr advertising I did maybe 15 years ago, I just save the three or four images I want to keep and that's it.

Anyone with Photobucket images they care about I guess should log in and save them if they don't want to pay Photobucket a fee.

I think there is a thread here somewhere not that long ago discussing free image hosting sites. If I find that link I'll post it here.

:-.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 10:37:38 PM by mcf »

dansbanners

• Global Family
Re: Photobucket question
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 03:26:29 PM »
Hi,

Quite sometime ago I recall a discussion where people here were saying their avatars, images, etc from Photobucket were being replaced here and elsewhere with a generic image message. I think some said they could not even access their photobucket.

Around that time I logged into my photobucket account and my images were still visable there.

The other day I got a message saying I hadn't logged in lately and to do so, so as not to lose my account I guess.

When I did this I got a message saying I was violating their terms of service by hosting some images on a website.  They told me to reactivate a "new" email. So I did this and logged in. My images were still there but it seems I'm on a thirty day trial for free, otherwise I would have to pay.

Since most of my images there were banners from ptr advertising I did maybe 15 years ago, I just save the three or four images I want to keep and that's it.

Anyone with Photobucket images they care about I guess should log in and save them if they don't want to pay Photobucket a fee.

I think there is a thread here somewhere not that long ago discussing free image hosting sites. If I find that link I'll post it here.

:-.
Thanks for your post.

mcf

• Global Family
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 04:56:24 PM »
Just had yet another email from Photobucket.

It said I hadn't accessed my account "in a while".  Since I last logged in on this Feb 23rd (!) i assume this is yet another attempt to get me to verify or upgrade.  ::)

I have saved to my pc any images I had there that were of any value to me. I don't really care what they do, but these emails from them are a obviously not based on login details from their site  :lol:

mcf

• Global Family
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 07:53:30 PM »
Today, yet another email saying I hadn't logged in, even though I logged in and browsed around and clicked on things just last week !!  ::)

siriina

• Global Family
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 10:49:06 PM »
I was getting those mails too. Saved my stuff elsewhere and unsubscribed. Hope this stops their emails.

mcf

• Global Family
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 02:10:12 PM »
Hi Siriina. :) 
I saved my stuff too. I didn't delete my account and still get the emails. Obviously their mails are sent out without checking who has logged in when. I think they must go to those who haven't bought paid package.
Got one again today
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Need extra money for personal spending? | That Animal Site | Tri-Peak Solitaire | Used Paperback Books