Global Friends Online

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Em-traffic  (Read 5169 times)

dave2319

• Global Relative
Re: Em-traffic
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 09:30:03 PM »
Glad it's working for you now, Ann :)

Cookie, I wrote back and they replied quickly again, but they just said:

Hi

This IP address is never blocked by us!
In fact our server is located in Canada.
Try to clear browser cache.

Thank you
admin
www.em-traffic.com

It's no problem if you need me to write to them again.

Please feel free to click my PTP links. Or not.
- Showcase - YGA - OAP1 - OAP2 - Donkey -

cookie3

• Global Relative
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 10:40:12 PM »
Hi Dave, I have cleared my cache, history etc. but still cannot get the site.  I have no idea what is wrong.  I called Shaw, my provider and was on the phone for an hour or more trying to figure this problem out.  We even went to System windows and the system says it is unable to find em-traffic.com and unable to resolve target system in being able to find the host. Shaw gave me the IP address of the modem which is 10.174.196.187.  I guess there are two I.P's.  Learn something new every day.  Since everything else is working fine on my laptop, I have run out of ideas and so has Shaw.  It is so strange that everything has worked fine for years and all of a sudden five days ago the site was unavailable.  I want to thank you for your help but maybe you could just tell em-traffic that I have done everything possible and still cannot get the site. Thank you so much again. :) :)

dave2319

• Global Relative
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 07:52:26 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Cookie.
I passed on your info and they said:

Hi

This IP address 10.174.196.187 is not blocked!
Try EM-Hits.com and EM-Promo.com.
Tell us if you see those sites or not?

Thank you
admin
www.em-traffic.com

They also asked for a link to this topic (which I hadn't thought about after their contact form didn't like it!) so have sent it them.

cookie3

• Global Relative
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 04:14:58 PM »
Hi Dave,
  I tried her other two sites when this first occurred and they do not work either.  I am on all three of her sites.  I just tried the other two sites again and same message as em-traffic. I am going to take my tablet to a shaw hot spot and see if the site comes up at a different location.  Shaw suggested I try that.  It does not come up on my tablet here.  Thanks again, Dave and I will keep you posted.  :D :)

cookie3

• Global Relative
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 04:56:10 AM »
I went to the food court at our mall today which is a hot spot for Shaw, my provider.  Em-traffic came up fine and I was able to surf.  Strange since nothing comes up at home on my tablet or laptop.  It must have something to do with Shaw's servers.  I want to thank you for your help again and writing to Em-traffic for me. I did write to her, but there is really nothing she can do.  I will be contacting Shaw again.  Thanks again. :) :D :D

dave2319

• Global Relative
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:34 AM »
No problem, Cookie!
It's interesting it was fine at the food court, but I hope it doesn't mean you have to dine out there in order to be able to use EM-Traffic :D

I'm no tech expert, but it does sound like it's either a problem at Shaw's end or a problem with your router or something. I don't know if you've tried rebooting your router, but I did a bit of searching and found that suggested as an option.
I also saw this article: http://www.pcworld.com/article/195868/cant_access_site.html
Not sure whether it helps.

TonyB

• Been in PTR Tooooo Looong!!
  • Global Program Owner
  • Global Buddy
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
Hello

It sounds as though an IP is definitely blocked. It may not be your actual IP but one in the chain between you and the server.

Carry out a traceroute and/or use the Proxy Trace option here - http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/visual-tracert/ - list all of the IPs between you and that site/server and ask the PO to check the server firewall etc. for any of those IPs or ranges.

HTH

T

cookie3

• Global Relative
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 10:04:53 PM »
Dave, thanks for sending me to that article.  I went to the Library today which is another Shaw hot spot and my tablet worked fine.  Nothing works here yet.  I am going to get my provider to come out and figure this out.  Since my tablet works at the hot spots I think it is a Shaw problem.  It is hard for me to unscrew one of the wires from my modem.  Thanks for your help again. :)

cookie3

• Global Relative
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »
Hi Tony, thank you for trying to help me.  That is a good suggestion.  :) :D

cookie3

• Global Relative
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 08:47:16 PM »
Hi Dave, Surprise! Surprise!  Em-traffic finally came back and her other sites. It happened this morning.  That was a mystery. My public IP is still the same. There must have been something wrong with one of Shaw's servers. So glad the sites are back.  Thanks again for your help.  :D :D

dave2319

• Global Relative
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 11:04:54 PM »
Glad it's working for you now, Cookie! :dance:
Happy surfing! :)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
« previous next »

Need extra money for personal spending? | Tri-Peak Solitaire | That Animal Site | Used Paperback Books