Global Friends Online

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

February 02, 2009: Our Welcome And Staff Information

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Myfreeshares blocked as an attack page  (Read 1929 times)

mcf

• Global Family
Myfreeshares blocked as an attack page
« on: July 13, 2015, 11:28:22 AM »
Tried to go to Myfreeshares today and got this

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at myfreeshares.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Not sure where I set these "security preferences" but going now to look into it.
Anyone else getting this ?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:33:25 AM by mcf »

mikey58

• Global Program Owner
  • Global Family
Re: Myfreeshares blocked as an attack page
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:53:51 AM »
I got the samething today

mcf

• Global Family
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 06:44:56 PM »
When I click on "Why was this page blocked" I get....

Diagnostic page for myfreeshares.com/pages

What is the current listing status for myfreeshares.com/pages?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 49 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-07-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-07-10.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS3595 (GNAXNET-AS), AS15169 (GOOGLE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, myfreeshares.com/pages did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

I think I will try a contact message to the webmaster.

Although I'm not a member of his other sites, I don't get this warning when I go to them.

ETA: When I went to the contact page I got a warning from Malwarebytes about malware on that page. I gave another email on the contact that I barely use.

ETA2: Ran a scan with Malwarebytes after this....nothing found.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:51:27 PM by mcf »

mcf

• Global Family
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 11:25:25 PM »
Apparently they are aware of it and are looking into it.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Used Paperback Books | That Animal Site | Tri-Peak Solitaire | Need extra money for personal spending?