Global Friends Online

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Paypal  (Read 1579 times)

mcf

• Global Family
Question about Paypal
« on: June 24, 2017, 05:35:29 PM »
Thought I'd ask this here as I'm a member of Dreammails .....

I haven't been using Paypal much. I didn't think it was odd when I logged in last month when they asked me to receive a confirmation phone call as I hadn't logged in in ages.

But today I logged in again only about 6 weeks later, from the same computer, and they wanted to do the phone call confirmation again. Does this happen on every login ? I'm glad they want to keep my account secure etc, but this is a bit of a nuisance.

I figured you would know Heather as you must use Paypal alot.
Thanks Heather :)

HeatherC

• Global Family
Re: Question about Paypal
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »
I haven't gotten that recently, however I use them almost every week so my logging in might not be seen as irregular behavior.  I get that a lot from credit cards (especially Chase) that make me go through multiple security checks (including an automated phone call) just to go online to pay my bill.

If your browser is set to auto update, that might also cause them to do a security check.  It would make the last used browser different than the current browser (ie. FireFox 54 vs FireFox 53).  I don't get that with PayPal when my browser updates, though, so I couldn't say if that is the reason. 

My Sites: My-PTR -DreamMails - OldAmsterdamPost - StCashUnlimited
Affiliate Pages: HSE - HR - KK - MB - LL - RCE - SC - S4C
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Tri-Peak Solitaire | That Animal Site | Need extra money for personal spending? | Used Paperback Books