Global Friends Online

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

October 23, 2012: WELCOME TO THE GFO REUNION! <3

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggest everyone change their password at donkey mails asap  (Read 846 times)

mcf

• Global Family
suggest everyone change their password at donkey mails asap
« on: October 14, 2018, 06:57:34 PM »
Warning all,

Hi,
I logged into Donkey recently after a long time. Then I got a spam email with my password in it !!!  The sender didn't mention donkey but had my password from there !!!
He said i had watched a porm video (which I assume was on the donkey site somewhere), and that he had a video from my webcam -- which I don't have on my pc.  ;)  .

I was to send him a couple thousand $ bit coin or he would send the "video" of me to all my contacts, messengers etc. The only contacts I see he could get are those on this Yahoo email. It's not my primary email so no important contacts there. Told me not to go to the police as he had covered his tracks  :giggle:

Luckily I don't use this password anywhere else. But a bit unnerving to see my password like this. Am going now to scan my pc.

This is the second breach over the years that I've been with donkey and am ready to quit it now.

Suggest all still using donkey check your spam folder, maybe do Not open the email, and Change your password at donkey asap !!!

Dav7

• Global Relative
Re: suggest everyone change their password at donkey mails asap
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 11:53:34 AM »
That is sad to ear but you got luckier than me, some 3 or 4 years ago I was clicking my ads when my screen got blocked by a similar image requesting me to pay if I want my computer back... I had to reinstall the system to clear the message :\

Internet Money Making since 2006

mcf

• Global Family
Re: suggest everyone change their password at donkey mails asap
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 06:10:05 PM »

Sorry to be so long getting back.  After this happened I scanned my computer with 3 different malware scanners and nothing showed up.

Then by coincidence a few weeks later while looking for something else, I came across this article

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/11/12/hackers-threat-pay-857-in-bitcoin-or-your-secret-life-goes-public.html

It details a similar type email sent to a reporter of the Toronto Star. It appears emails and passwords of hacked sites (in his case Linkedin) are being sold on the "dark" web, and the scammers then send out these extortion type emails hoping for a payment from at least a small percentage.

By another coincidence, while helping a friend deal with a computer problem, I came across this site...pcrisk . com

The site pcrisk . com has a lot of other good articles on getting rid of scams, homepage hijackers etc.

Here's something on this particular type of scam.
https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/13912-hacker-who-cracked-your-email-and-device-email-virus

Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

That Animal Site | Used Paperback Books | Tri-Peak Solitaire | Need extra money for personal spending?