Global Friends Online

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1094   Go Down

Author Topic: Club Global  (Read 765353 times)

Roadrunner

• Global Moderator
  • Global Family
  • I believe in Angels
Club Global
« on: August 29, 2008, 05:21:20 AM »
I'm sure this thread will sound familiar to those who were frequent visitors to ClubChitchat. This is basically the same thing. It is a thread to support the Christmas Family and to provide an outlet for us to vent, talk, chat, communicate, and relay whatever information, fun, or stressful events that we want to.

Please, feel free to post (just stay within forum rules). Everyone is welcome. Please try to keep this thread free of member "fights", otherwise go for it.

The Christmas family, as many already know, is a family of 3 - mom Cindy who has worse asthma than I do, and her daughters. They have many struggles to go through. The mom and one of the daughters often require hospitalization.

This family was first introduced by Venus and Pia from GPF. We have been trying to help them for several years now. Initially, just for Christmas and now year-round.

I will again try to make donations of $5 for every 1000 posts in the thread. I happily accept donations from others for the family. A separate PP addy for them is ChristmasFamilyDonations@gmail.com

Or, if you want to donate directly to Venus for the family, that addy is:  babynapoleon@gmail.com

If anyone sends me a donation for the family, I will post the donation, but not use names unless the donor states that it is ok to post their name. Many people like to do this annonymously and I honor that.

So, here we go with post #1. Have fun.

Yooohooooo  :bye:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:02:05 PM by LilPrincess »

Pressing over me, like a big blue sky. I know someone has me on their heart tonight. That's why I know it's gonna be alright, 'cause, somebody's praying me through.
It may be my Mother, it might be my Dad. Or an old friend, I've forgot I had. Whoever it is, I'm so glad, that, somebody's praying me through.
Through the tears, through the rain, through the sorrow, through the pain. It keeps bringing me through, over and over again. So when you're drowning, in a sea of hurt. And it feels like life, couldn't get any worse. There's a blessing waiting, to push back the curse, 'cause, somebody's praying you through.

I didn't post in time and now I have to be "Sanna's Lil Helper" until Xmas :P

Roadrunner

• Global Moderator
  • Global Family
  • I believe in Angels
Re: Club Global
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 08:35:22 PM »
BTW - we have 2 donations waiting to go with the next send. One is for $5.00 and one is for $10.

I will be completing the donations from the Clubchitchat thread soon.

Pressing over me, like a big blue sky. I know someone has me on their heart tonight. That's why I know it's gonna be alright, 'cause, somebody's praying me through.
It may be my Mother, it might be my Dad. Or an old friend, I've forgot I had. Whoever it is, I'm so glad, that, somebody's praying me through.
Through the tears, through the rain, through the sorrow, through the pain. It keeps bringing me through, over and over again. So when you're drowning, in a sea of hurt. And it feels like life, couldn't get any worse. There's a blessing waiting, to push back the curse, 'cause, somebody's praying you through.

pancra

• Global Peace Carrier
  • Global Moderator
  • Global Family
  • An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:54:24 PM »
Well, here goes a meaningful post!  (Y)

LilPrincess

• Global Administrator
  • Global Family
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 09:10:21 PM »
^^ ^^ ^^

Now we need to get Venus here too :)

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some have weird names,
and all are different COLORS.... but they all have to learn to live in the same box.

Roadrunner

• Global Moderator
  • Global Family
  • I believe in Angels
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 09:12:59 PM »
^^ ^^ ^^

Now we need to get Venus here too :)

I think a pm might have slipped out of my GPF inbox to her.  :innocent:

lennon2004

• Global Buddy
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:13:35 PM »
Awesome! :)

r1pd

• What's My Tittle?
  • Global Buddy
  • Book... Book... Book...
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 09:35:14 PM »
So that's the story... I didn't understand what's the ClubChitChat talking about. Guess I need to read more.  :x:

When "signature" is no more signatures... Why don't add "links" aside of "signature"?
I would say I have no signature, but it's also no more "no signature"...

Frenchy

• Owner @ ThatFreebie.com
  • Global Family
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
l
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:44:51 AM by Frenchy »

Frenchy

• Global Family
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 11:02:54 PM »
i
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:45:15 AM by Frenchy »

Frenchy

• Global Family
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »
 :innocent:

captmurdoch

• Global Relative
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 11:25:21 PM »
 :bye:
 :teenkiss: to everyone from guess who?

Roadrunner

• Global Moderator
  • Global Family
  • I believe in Angels
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 11:34:36 PM »
:ROFL2:

Glad to see you have this smiley here.  I remembr you saying it was your all time favorite RR and it's mine too.

Yep. I requested him special. Too much trouble to go to photobucket everytime I wanted to use him.  :innocent:

Roadrunner

• Global Moderator
  • Global Family
  • I believe in Angels
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 11:42:10 PM »
Well. First high school ballgame of the year. The 2 older kids are in band (same one for the first time) and are playing there tonight. They don't get to march, though. Too stormy this week and they didn't get to practice. After football season, the 2 older kids will be in separate bands. My baby is learning French Horn this year. Anybody selling earplugs. :crazy:  Tuba, Trumpet, and French Horn. Yikes. :D

Our school district is a little weird. The town is growing so fast, that they can't afford to build enough schools to keep up. So this is how they are utilizing the buildings they have and are building new ones every couple of years:

K-4th grade:  Elementary School
5th -6th grade: Intermediate School
7th - 8th grade: Middle School
9th - 10th grade: High School - East Campus
11th - 12th grade: High School - West Campus

When I was growning up it was:

Elementary - K-6
Jr. High - 7-9
High - 10-12

We have kids in 3 different schools this year.

Anyway, Hubby is taking the little one to the football game at her request. Seems she wants to meet her "friend" there. So we said which friend is it? And she says: "I don't know her name, but she's real nice."  O.o

Dad's gonna stay with her at the game.  :lol:

Frenchy

• Global Family
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 04:03:24 AM »
l
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:45:41 AM by Frenchy »

Enchanted

• Global Administrator
  • Global Family
  • Awards:
    September 2008 Love Award
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 05:04:50 AM »
:bye:  :teenkiss: to everyone from guess who?

Hello Venus, it's great to see you here :)  (Y)(Y) (Y)(Y)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1094   Go Up
« previous next »

That Animal Site | Used Paperback Books | Tri-Peak Solitaire | Need extra money for personal spending?