Global Friends Online

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Site Errors  (Read 14064 times)

HeatherC

• Global Family
Site Errors
« on: May 09, 2010, 02:38:50 PM »
 If you see an error on the site, please post it in this thread.  An error can be anything from an odd site error message to a typo.

If you see a "503" service error, please allow an hour to pass before reporting it.  This particular error is supposed to only occur when there is something wrong with the server, which usually means that some form of maintenance is being performed.  The error does not typically last for a long period of time and can clear up on it's own.

My Sites: My-PTR -DreamMails - OldAmsterdamPost - StCashUnlimited
Affiliate Pages: HSE - HR - KK - MB - LL - RCE - SC - S4C

shearm

• Global Acquaintance
Re: Site Errors
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:58:42 PM »
Don't know if it's a site error or not, it might just be me.  When I click on a PTC banner, when the site refreshes, the banner I click on is still there, but I've gotten credit for the link already.  I can either refresh, or just click the 2nd banner, and then it goes away, but then the 2nd banner remains even though I've clicked that, etc.  So basically, after clicking the first banner on a PTC page, I then have to click on the 2nd banner from then on out.

Sorry for rambling  ^^

HeatherC

• Global Family
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »
Thank you for letting me know about that.  The site had that exact issue before, however it was solved by changing all of the 13 second links to 10 seconds.  I tested it myself and the issue seems to have returned. 

I sent my host a support ticket so that they can look into it.  I'll update here when/if a solution is found.

HeatherC

• Global Family
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 06:26:05 PM »
My host couldn't find a reason why the site is doing that.  They did find that changing the ads to 8 seconds fixed the problem, however I had already dropped the timer from 13 to 10 to fix the problem...I don't want to go much lower than that. 

I'll check the ads again for a few days to see if the issue resolves itself or if it persists.  If it persists, I'll look into lowering the timers to 8 seconds.

shearm

• Global Acquaintance
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »
Is there a way to length the time for the refresh of the PTC page?  It seems that if that page just refreshed a second or to later than when the timer ends, it might be a workaround.

HeatherC

• Global Family
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 07:21:22 PM »
Is there a way to length the time for the refresh of the PTC page?  It seems that if that page just refreshed a second or to later than when the timer ends, it might be a workaround.

My host informed me that the only way to do that would be to contact the authors of the Cash Crusader script.  I might do that before changing the timer length.

shearm

• Global Acquaintance
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 01:48:41 PM »
Hey Heather,

During my clicking this morning, I can see now that the problem is not happening anymore.  (Y)(Y)

HeatherC

• Global Family
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 05:59:40 PM »
Thank you for letting me know.  I tested it myself and the issue from yesterday seems to be gone.  Please let me know if the issue happens again.

Tami

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 08:22:56 AM »
Hi there, I just joined the site last night, so I am not sure if you have already been told about this:

For every email that I receive from you, I actually get three. They are all identical, same links, same time stamp.

Thanks!

Tami  : )

HeatherC

• Global Family
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 11:33:27 AM »
Hi there, I just joined the site last night, so I am not sure if you have already been told about this:

For every email that I receive from you, I actually get three. They are all identical, same links, same time stamp.

Thanks!

Tami  : )

I'll set up a test account for myself using the e-mail provider that you are using.  I have one set up with my address for the PTR sites that I am a member of and another with Gmail account.  I received 1 copy of each to my Gmail account.  I'm downloading the PTR e-mails now.

Update: I did receive multiple copies of 5 e-mails, the last coming in just after 1am.  If it continues today, I'll contact my host.  The on site inbox is only showing 1 copy of each.  The site itself doesn't have the capability of sending multiple messages at the same time...it sends them on 5 or 6 minute delays in between.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:37:46 AM by HeatherC »

HeatherC

• Global Family
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 05:52:14 PM »
I've only received 1 additional message that was doubled...if it continues tomorrow, I'll contact my host.  It could just be a temporary server glitch that is affecting a small amount of messages.

shearm

• Global Acquaintance
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 10:19:37 PM »
Not to burst your bubble, but the click error is happening again.

HeatherC

• Global Family
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 10:28:12 PM »
Not to burst your bubble, but the click error is happening again.

Can you post a couple of the e-mail titles that you received multiple copies of?  There was an issue with the cron, which my host fixed a couple of hours ago.  It released a flood of backed up e-mails from today.

So far, I've only received duplicates of 1 e-mail for KittenMails.  That was to my PTR account.  My test account with Yahoo hasn't received any duplicates so far.

I'll check again tomorrow afternoon when the cron has had a day to run correctly and see if the issue persists.

shearm

• Global Acquaintance
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 12:44:17 PM »
Sorry, I meant the error I mentioned earlier about the PTC is happening again.

HeatherC

• Global Family
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 12:46:41 PM »
Oh, sorry about that.  I assumed it was related to the last post.  I'll check on that later today.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
« previous next »

Used Paperback Books | Tri-Peak Solitaire | Need extra money for personal spending? | That Animal Site